Thursday, November 10, 2011

We Are the Decisive Element!

Dr. Haim Ginott once said, "I've come to the frightening conclusion that I am the decisive element in the classroom. It is my personal approach that creates the climate. It is my daily mood that makes the weather. As a teacher, I possess a tremendous power to make a child's life miserable or joyous. I can be a tool of torture or an instrument of inspiration. I can humiliate or humor, hurt or heal. In all situations it is my response that decides whether a crisis will be escalated or de-escalated and a child humanized or de-humanized." 

All educators wield the same power. Our actions, demeanor and approach create the climate and weather, make others lives miserable or joyous, torture or inspire, humor, hurt or heal and escalate or de-escalate issues. We are the decisive element in the lives of others! 

No comments:

Post a Comment