Friday, January 25, 2013

Believing Before Seeing



DeWitt Jones is a professional photographer and motion picture director who spent over 20 years as a photo journalist with National Geographic. In the era of digital photography, where people can point and click endlessly until they take a good picture, what separates Jones from all others? In a word, it is his VISION.

Jones said, "When I was growing up, I used to hold the maxim - I won't believe it until I see it. Yet the more I shot for Geographic the more I realized I had it backwards. The way it really works is I won't see it until I believe it. That's the way life works."

Think about those words for a minute. "I won't see it until I believe it."

In education, (and in all walks of life I suppose) we often talk about change. I suggest that there is no value in changing education - the goal is to IMPROVE education! If we want to see improvement in education, we must believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment