Friday, January 11, 2013

Lucky 13 - My Resolutions


For 466 students at Saline High School, 13 is their lucky number. It has been worn on varsity jackets and sweatshirts, dangled on tassels and held a place in the yearbook since they were in kindergarten. For those 466 students, 2013 represents the year of their graduation. As the parents of a member of the Saline High School Class of 2013, my wife and I are very aware of our daughter's excitement about graduation and the uneasy feeling that accompanies the thought of her leaving home. 

While I have never been a fan of New Year's resolutions, this year I commit to the following: 
  • I will express gratitude to her teachers and coaches for the role they've played in her life. All the experiences, (good and bad) have helped develop her character and resilience. 
  • I will let her experience both success and failure on her own - she is much more capable and independent than I may be ready to admit. 
  • When she does need me, I will be there to support my daughter while she solves her own problems and handles her own issues. 
  • I will remain aware and grateful that there are 465 other students at Saline High School going through this journey with her - many of them have been an important part of her life. 
  • I will accept what is rather than what could have or should have been. 
  • I will savor each and every experience she has during her last few months of high school as a part of the growth and maturation process. 
  • I will continue to be her biggest fan.
  • I will continue to enjoy and be proud of the young woman she has become!
What is your New Year's resolution? 



1 comment:

  1. The blog and data is excellent and informative as well.
    background checks uk

    ReplyDelete